Orthodontics for Children in Seymour and Knoxville
If you're looking for an experienced children's orthodontist in Knoxville and Seymour, Tennessee, you can count on treatment from Langford Orthodontics. Dr. Allen Langford has over 20 years of experience treating patients of all ages and can help your child achieve a smile that fills them with confidence every day.
When Should Kids First See the Orthodontist?
Early orthodontic treatment can help your child tremendously later in life, so bring them in for a visit as early as seven years of age. By age seven, your child's mouth has developed enough that Dr. Langford is able to see early warning signs of alignment problems that could worsen over time. Catching issues early allows Dr. Langford to craft a plan for your child's orthodontic needs and begin treatment at the right time.
Benefits of Early Orthodontic Treatment
Seeing a pediatric orthodontist can lead to numerous benefits. Here's why your child should see an orthodontist early:
- Detect early warning signs: Dr. Langford can assess your child's mouth to predict how their teeth will grow into place. If he notices an issue, catching it early ensures he'll be able to more effectively treat your child later in life.
- Find non-surgical solutions: Catching signs of misalignment early allows Dr. Langford to implement solutions that can prevent the problem from worsening beyond what normal treatment methods can fix.
- Grow a straighter smile: Dr. Langford can implement minor solutions that guide the way your child's teeth grow. As a result, they'll have a straighter jaw full of teeth that fit into the proper positions.
- Promote good habits: When your child sees an orthodontist early in life, they'll learn more about what it takes to keep their mouth healthy. Dr. Langford will help your child understand and practice habits that reduce the need for orthodontic treatment later in life.
Our Quality Services
Here's how we can help your child experience a life of beautiful smiles:
- Consultation: Our process starts with a free consultation appointment. Dr. Langford will use this time to inspect your child's jaw and determine if you should have them return for further treatment.
- Metal braces: The most common treatment for pediatric patients, metal braces are effective and affordable for most families. We offer a variety of customization options, so your child feels confident wearing their braces.
- Clear braces: If your child is anxious about wearing traditional metal braces, our clear ceramic braces are a less noticeable option and they work just as well. Your child's braces will blend with their teeth so they can smile enthusiastically during treatment.
- Invisalign teen: We offer Invisalign Teen aligner trays for minor orthodontic issues that can be treated later in childhood. Your child will wear these clear trays nearly all day, only removing them to brush and floss or at mealtime.
Request an Appointment With a Friendly, Experienced Kid's Orthodontist
The compassionate, professional team at Langford Orthodontics is here to ensure your child receives the right treatment for their situation. To get started, request a free consultation today!