Adult Braces and Orthodontics
Many people associate braces with the teenage years, but adult orthodontics can help you love your smile at any age. Whether you have bite issues or crowding, you can improve your smile whenever you are ready.
Dr. Langford helps adults discover the possibilities of orthodontic treatment. Between adult braces and Invisalign®, we can help you straighten your teeth and bite for improved comfort and aesthetics. Whether you are 18 or 65, you can look forward to a more confident smile.
Should Adults Get Braces?
Adult braces give you the chance to improve your smile and your oral health. Adults who want straighter teeth can get braces and go through a process similar to the one used to align teeth in teens and children.
Our braces can address:
- Tooth crowding
- Overbites, underbites and crossbites
- Alignment issues
While treatment for adolescents and adults is similar, some minor differences exist. Adults are at a higher risk for periodontal diseases, so we encourage careful cleaning, flossing and brushing during any treatment. Unlike children, adults have fully developed jaws, so we may apply different techniques to address jaw issues.
Braces Available for Adults
All of our options use the same gentle pressure to move your teeth into place. We have a few different styles for adults who need braces:
- Traditional: Adult metal braces are a classic option for straightening teeth and adjusting your bite. This type uses metal brackets attached to metal wires with colored rubber bands. You will come into the office every few weeks or months so we can reposition the wire, which moves your teeth gradually.
- Ceramic: Our adult ceramic braces function like metal braces, only they use tooth-colored brackets to minimize their appearance. They can treat a variety of orthodontic issues with less metal.
- Aligners: Clear aligners are made of durable plastic and fit over your teeth. We will give you a new set that is slightly different from the last every few weeks. Your teeth will shift into place as you adjust to each new set.
Each treatment has unique perks with the same final result — a gorgeous smile. We will assess your orthodontic needs and determine which is the best fit.
Why Choose Langford Orthodontics?
Dr. Langford has helped dozens of patients improve their smiles since 2001. As a team, we have the experience to make treatment easier than ever. Your oral health and comfort are our top priority during each appointment until post-treatment care.
When you visit us, you get access to:
- Two comfortable offices in Knoxville and Seymour
- Modern techniques that revolutionize your experience
- A team of caring, welcoming staff
- Personalized treatment that addresses your unique needs
We walk you through the pricing options before proceeding with your orthodontic treatment. Our office offers financing options to help you get your dream smile while staying within budget.
Contact Us Today!
Dr. Langford is here to provide the professional orthodontic care you deserve. Our team will keep you comfortable during your appointments and ensure our service meets your expectations. You can look forward to a relaxing experience every time you come to our office.
Schedule a consultation in Knoxville or Seymour, Tennessee, and let us start transforming your smile.