You’re Never Too Old for a Beautiful Smile
Today, adults make up about one in every four orthodontic patients. Here’s why:
Looking Good: Orthodontic treatment can help correct crooked teeth or spaces that you’ve been self-conscious about for years. It can give you the confidence and pride that come with straight teeth and a great smile.
Teeth Can Shift: Believe it or not, tooth movement doesn’t stop in adolescence. Teeth that seemed straight and aligned in youth could have shifted later in life. This can lead to jaw pain, trouble brushing, or a smile you’re left unhappy with.
Maintaining Dental Health: Leaving misaligned teeth untreated may lead to other dental problems such as tooth decay and gum disease, as well as abnormal wearing of tooth surfaces and difficulty in chewing. Orthodontic treatment can help you keep good dental health.
Orthodontic Treatment Is Important for Adults
- Can help prevent or improve periodontal problems
- Can help prevent or reduce further bone loss around teeth
- Improves ability of the dentist to restore missing teeth
- Improves aesthetics for a better smile and facial appearance
- Improves function of teeth
- Improves self-confidence and self-esteem
- Improves oral health