Braces can benefit just about anyone, including your young child. Though many parents wait to start orthodontic treatment for their children until their teenage years, there are many benefits to beginning orthodontic care earlier in life.
Langford Orthodontics can evaluate your child's smile and see if braces are a good fit. Our friendly staff will welcome you to the office, and Dr. Langford will walk you through different options. Together, we can improve your child's oral health and give them a smile they love for years to come.
Why Do Kids Get Braces?
Catching orthodontic issues early on can prevent them from worsening over time. Your child may need braces if they experience the following:
- Difficulty chewing, talking or breathing
- Gaps when smiling or chewing
- Speech impediments
- Early crowding
- Rotated teeth
- Impacted or missing permanent teeth
Will My Child Need Braces?
If your child's dentist recommends braces or orthodontic care, we can help. During your initial consultation, we can determine the best time to start treatment. Your child may need braces right away, or we may wait until all of their adult teeth come in. We take a personalized approach to each patient to ensure the best possible results.
Some factors that can lead to early orthodontic issues include
- Thumb and finger sucking
- Mouth breathing
- Prolonged pacifier use
- Poor oral hygiene or inadequate nutrition
Available Braces for Kid's Teeth
Orthodontic treatment for children is similar to teen and adult orthodontic treatment. We have multiple devices we can use to align and straighten your child's developing smile as they grow.
Braces for children come in a few different forms, including:
- Metal braces: Traditional metal braces include metal brackets that we attach to wires with colored rubber bands. We will replace the wire every few weeks to gradually align teeth, close gaps, and help adult teeth come in correct.
- Ceramic braces: These braces work on the same principle as the traditional variety, but they use ceramic brackets that blend in easily with your child's teeth.
- Invisalign: We can use clear aligners to move your child's teeth into place. These retainers are easy to take out and clean with a toothbrush.
We may start orthodontic treatment with a device that prepares the mouth and jaw for braces, such as an expander. Treatment for children may span years as the teeth and jaw fully erupt and develop.
Trust Langford for Customized Care
Langford Orthodontics has a team of specialized professionals equipped to provide superior orthodontic treatment. We offer compassionate care, modern technology and flexible financing for our patients. When you work with us, you get a custom plan that matches your child's unique needs.
We help your child love their smile for a lifetime. Choose us for visible results and a welcoming family of professionals.
Schedule an Appointment for Your Child Today
If you are ready to improve your child's smile, we are here to help. Our offices in Knoxville and Seymour, Tennessee, are accepting new patients.
From braces to post-treatment care, we have you covered the entire time. Contact us online for a free consultation!